Update on May Graduation, Calendar and Safety Protocols
Dear Seo’s Martial Arts Students and Parents,
As you are all aware, this weekend is Memorial Day Weekend. Even with everything we have had go on during the pandemic, it is important that we remember those whom has paid the ultimate price while defending our freedoms as Americans.
We will be closed in observance of Memorial Day on Monday, May 25th. With the school being closed – we will have class From Tuesday May 26 – Friday May 29th. If for any reason you/your child can only schedule 1 class this week, we want to reassure you that is will be okay. Our instructors will make sure to give you extra help during the class on your curriculum!
We want to make sure that all of the students whose graduation was affected by the pandemic get the opportunity to catch back up on ranking. We are planning on making up the graduation that was schedule for May 2020 during the last week of June. We will give out more details on how that will be done in a very safe manner as we get closer to that time. Meanwhile make sure to come to your classes, practice and home and work hard to earn those red stripes by doing the Book Club, Self Discipline Sheet, and Job Lists.
We are running the classes under orders from Jefferson County on the Safer at Home plan. We are teaching a maximum of 4 students in a personal training class at a time. Because of this, there is a limited amount of classes available for each belt rank. Please make sure to register for your online classes as soon as possible for this week, so you can be try to get a spot before they run out.
With the class limit, we really ask that if you have to miss the class for any reason, please remove your reservation from online to allow another student the chance to come in. With the training sessions being only 4 students, it has led to a shortage of classes for certain belt ranks. We are adjusting the schedule on a weekly basis, to account for any shortages, so we ask for everyone’s help in keeping the schedule as open as possible.
Classes has resumed as of Monday, May 11th under the following protocols:
1. Classes will be limited to 4 students per class. Before a student can come into class, they will be required to sign up for classes online. The class slots are on a first come, first serve basis, and will be opened up each week. You will be able to sign up for classes the week prior. Make sure to schedule for your classes in advanced to get your preferred times for the week. This will allow us to keep the classes at controlled number, to help ensure the safety of the students and the staff.
2. Due to limited class size, students will only be able to train 2 times per week, until further notice. This will help give every student an opportunity to get their required classes in for the week, while keeping the class size at 4 or fewer.
3. If you are unable to make your required classes during the week – due to illness or otherwise – you will be permitted to make up the classes once the restrictions are eased up by the government. If you are going to miss a class, please make sure to unsubscribe from it online, to free the spot up for another student.
4. Students must be on the floor 5 minutes prior to classes starting. This will give the instructors the opportunity to make sure all of the students are spaced out according to social distancing guidelines. Therefore, if a student is tardy, they will not be allowed onto the floor. NO EXCEPTIONS.
5. Classes will be 45 Minutes in length (30 minutes for Little Dragons), with a 15 minute break in between each class. This will help to minimize the amount people in the building at any one time. When your class is done, we ask that you gather your belongings and leave in a timely manner.
6. In an effort to minimize contact between students, the changing rooms will be closed for the time being. The changing areas will be OFF LIMITS. Students must get changed into their uniforms at home. Students will need to leave their belongings – shoes, socks, bags – with their parents.
7. We ask all parents observe proper social distancing while watching classes. Please make sure to maintain distance of 6 feet between other parents. (Immediate family members are permitted to sit next to one another). All siblings not on the floor must be supervised and remain with their parents. We ask that all spectators remain seated while classes are going on, if possible, to help maintain the safety of all students.
8. The floor will be divided up to ensure proper social distancing, set forth by the guidelines given to us by the department of health. Students will have spots assigned to them at the beginning of classes and they must remain in their spots until the end of class. Classes will be dismissed individually to promote proper distancing.