Safety protocols for classes resuming in response to COVID-19
As we have faced the pandemic, we have been monitoring the situation as close as possible. We want to make sure every decision we made regarding restarting classes at the schools has been made with, first and foremost, the health and safety of all of the students, parents, and staff members.
With Jefferson County lifting the Stay at Home order as of May 8th, 2020 and transitioning to the the Safer at Home, we are happy to say that we will be allowed to reopen the schools – albeit with strict safety and social distancing protocols to ensure the health of everyone. As with everything that has gone on during the pandemic, the situation is fluid, and things could change day to day. We know that all of you understand that, and we will do our best to notify everyone of any changes via email as well as posting on the website.
Here is an outline of our plan to reopen, with some of the precautions we will be taking to ensure everyone safety. As we get closer to reopening, we will be adding to these protocols as needed.
We will resume classes as of Monday, May 11th, 2020, under the following protocols: (UPDATED MAY 10th, 2020)
1. Classes will be limited to 4 students per class. Before a student can come into class, they will be required to sign up for classes online. The class slots are on a first come, first serve basis, and will be opened up each week. You will be able to sign up for classes the week prior. Make sure to schedule for your classes in advanced to get your preferred times for the week. This will allow us to keep the classes at controlled number, to help ensure the safety of the students and the staff.
2. Due to limited class size, students will only be able to train 2 times per week, until further notice. This will help give every student an opportunity to get their required classes in for the week, while keeping the class size at 10 or fewer.
3. If you are unable to make your required classes during the week – due to illness or otherwise – you will be permitted to make up the classes once the restrictions are eased up by the government and health department.
4. Students must be on the floor 5 minutes prior to classes starting. This will give the instructors the opportunity to make sure all of the students are spaced out according to social distancing guidelines. Therefore, if a student is tardy, they will not be allowed onto the floor. NO EXCEPTIONS.
5. Classes will be 45 Minutes in length (30 minutes for Little Dragons), with a 15 minute break in between each class. This will help to minimize the amount people in the building at any one time. When your class is done, we ask that you gather your belongings and leave in a timely manner.
6. In an effort to minimize contact between students, the changing rooms will be closed for the time being. The changing areas will be OFF LIMITS. Students must get changed into their uniforms at home. Students will need to leave their belongings – shoes, socks, bags – with their parents.
7. We ask all parents observe proper social distancing while watching classes. Please make sure to maintain distance of 6 feet between other spectators. All siblings not on the floor must be supervised and remain with their parents. We ask that all spectators remain seated while classes are going on, if possible, to help maintain the safety of all students.
8. The floor will be divided up to ensure proper social distancing, set forth by the guidelines given to us by the department of health. Students will have spots assigned to them at the beginning of classes and they must remain in their spots until the end of class. Classes will be dismissed individually to promote proper distancing.
As noted earlier, there will be further protocols added as we get closer to the classes opening up. Please make sure to check your emails, as well as the website, to see further updates. If you have any further questions, feel free to email us, or call us at the schools.
We look forward to being able to resume everyone’s training in a safe manner.